We are a Highways Maintenance Contractor for the Province of BC, and are seeking a heavy duty mechanic to work on winter trucks, plows, loaders, etc.
This job is in Prince Rupert.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs and maintenance on trucks, or heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- Road tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or test repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives, and hubs.
- Basic Mechanical background – Required.
- 2-4 years’ work experience waste experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Be flexible, and able to work without supervision.
This is a winter position, but for the right candidate, it can continue throughout the year. We were just awarded a new 10-year contract with the Ministry of Transportation.
Note: we have two shops - one in Prince Rupert, and one on the Queen Charlotte Islands/Haida Gwaii. Positions are available at both locations.
Please send resumes to this posting.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers