compensation: $35- $40/hr commensurate with experience, plus corporate benefits and some assistance with relocation as needed employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Calling all Health and Safety Management Professionals!
Be a part of one of Fort St. John’s best companies to work for! If you do not already live in Fort St. John, our client is willing to assist with relocation costs to Fort St. John, BC.
In keeping with our client’s commitment to providing a safe and welcoming environment for staff and visitors, our client is seeking a passionate and skilled Occupational Health and Safety (OH & S) Manager to oversee the vision, planning, and maintenance of their OH & S programs.
Teamwork, collaboration, professionalism and top quality work have helped our client to grow over four decades in the business. If you are looking for a long term career opportunity with a great team, then this is the role for you!
Our client, a well established provider of a wide range of electrical and instrumentation, automation and communication services, primarily for clients in the oil & gas industry is looking for an experienced leader and management professional to oversee the company’s comprehensive Occupational Health and Safety program. You will be a critical resource to the employees and each sites’ Occupational Health and Safety committee, supporting risk analysis and Emergency Preparedness efforts.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Responsibilities for both prevention and compliance within the OH & S portfolio.
• Ensure that senior staff are well informed about the related statutory obligations of the safety portfolio and that proactive measures to maintain legislative compliance are securely in place.
• Deliver safety training to staff, maintain the hazardous materials inventory, conduct OH & S risk inspections at worksites
• Ensure onboarding of new staff
• Participate in development, implementation and delivery of the safety and security programs in support of employee safety, and achievement of related strategies and plans.
• Provide advice and guidance to supervisors, managers and contractors to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, legislation.
• Facilitate in-depth investigations into incidents/accidents, analyses data using various collection methods and techniques, and audits internal practices.
• Participate in implementing and modifying safety and security policies, procedures and manuals to align with changing practices and regulatory requirements.
• Participate in projects and activities to enhance corporate performance and support a culture of safety, taking the lead on designated initiatives of small to moderate scope and consulting management for any critical decision.
• Carry out a range of safety and security activities for both operation safety and capital projects at such as research, investigations, inspections, audits, data capture, data analysis, and production of reports and statistics
• Provide specialized advice and guidance to supervisors, and managers and contractors to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, legislation.
• Facilitate the investigation of all safety incidents, and analyse and document related findings, recommending corrective action.
• Liaise with regulatory agencies such as BC Safety Authority and WorkSafe BC to exchange information, advice and coordinate activities.
• Participate in various committees and meetings; and provides advice to supervisors and managers to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, legislation in achieving related corporate objectives.
Successful candidates will have the following skills, experience, personal attributes and certifications:
• Strong team player with a positive and collaborative attitude
• Experience within a team environment will be critical to your success in this role as you will work closely with Human Resource staff with any emerging OH & S issues within the labour context.
• Previous professional experience working with WHMIS, waste management, occupational hygiene, and emergency preparedness.
• Your professional experience is complimented by a related post-secondary diploma/degree and your Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRS) qualification
• Solid knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and techniques pertaining to safety and security
• Solid knowledge of the relevant policies, legislation and legal terminology
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills to conduct investigations, provide advice, participate on committees, and liaise with regulatory agencies
• Solid analytical skills to investigate accidents and critical incidents, analyze and document findings, and compile and analyze statistics
• Solid problem solving skills to identify causes of accidents and critical incidents, and to develop/recommend corrective action
• Excellent prioritizing, organizing and time management skills and an ability to manage multiple projects
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility in providing advice on an on-call/after work hour basis
• Advanced working knowledge of standard office software
This position offers excellent market competitive compensation of $35- $40/hr commensurate with experience, plus corporate benefits and some assistance with relocation as needed.
If this sounds like the position for you, please forward your resume in WORD format to Karen Fraser. Refer to position Ref. KFSAFETY in your email subject line.
We thank all of those interested in this opportunity; however only those short-listed shall be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have been interviewed by a consultant with Angus One and are already registered with us, we welcome you to contact us via email at the above mentioned email address regarding this opportunity (please attach a resume in Word format.)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers